7. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is one of the best and very effective kitchen remedies that cure strep throat in few days. It helps to kill the internal throat bacteria.
1. Take 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper and mix it with 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic paste. Taste the mixture several times throughout the day and let this mixture coat your throat; don’t drink water after taking this remedy.
2. Mix half teaspoon of cayenne pepper with cup of boiling water. Strain the water and gargle with this warm mixture. Cayenne pepper will disinfect the throat area and prepares it for smooth circulation.
Cinnamon can cure sore throat caused by the cough & common cold.
1. Boil 3-4 small sticks of cinnamon or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in 2 cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain the water and add 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Drink this warm mixture slowly. Repeat this 2-3 times a day. You can drink cinnamon tea regularly to cure strep throat.
2. Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and half teaspoon of black pepper powder to glass water. Boil this mixture for 5 minutes. Strain the water and allow it to warm. Gargle with this water for few minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day to get fast relief from sore throat.3. Alternatively, you can mix 3 drops of cinnamon oil with one tablespoon of honey, mix them well and consume the mixture two times a day to reduce inflammation and to get relief from the soreness.
Fenugreek contains mucus-dissolving properties which gives you instant relief from soreness and swelling. Prepare a simple gargle solution using few fenugreek seeds; this solution is very beneficial for curing sore throat quickly.
1. Add 2-3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds or powder to glass of water. Boil this water for 15-20 minutes on slow flame. Strain the water when it becomes warm. Gargle with this water. Repeat this 3-4 times a day.
10. Raspberry Tea Gargle
1. Gargle with raspberry tea, use raspberry leaves to prepare tea. Boil 1 tablespoon of dried raspberry leaves in 2 cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain the water, allow it to warm. Use this tolerable warm water to gargle. Do this 2-3 times a day for fast result.2. You can drink this water, if you have fever. Drink small cup of this water twice a day to reduce your fever due to cold and cough.
11. Gargle with age
Sage is an awesome healing herb which cures sore throat rapidly. Juice of the Sage leaves also reduces the pain and inflammation caused by sore throat. It also protects the soft and delicate tissues of the throat.
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of Sage leaves in 2 cups of boiling water. Boil it for 10 minutes, strain the water and then add 1 teaspoon of honey and apple cider vinegar in this water. Gargle with this mixture 2-3 times a day to get rid of sore throat.
2. Simply chew few Sage leaves, the juice of the leaves will soothe your throat by relieving the soreness.
12. Keep nasal passages clear
It is proven that the most common reason for sore throat is runny nose, it causes dry throat, keeping mouth open while sleeping when the nasal passages are blocked.
1. Use decongestants, especially which contains pseudoephedrine (read labels of the package) It may be helpful to stop the nasal flow. You can also use saline nasal spray; it will help you breathing easier quickly, or put it in a humidifier to run in your room at night.
13. Gargle with Listerine
This is another excellent gargling fluid, Listerine mouthwash. Add 1 teaspoon of this mouthwash in cup of water and gargle for few minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day for better result.
BACK TO PART 1