|Hair care for Summer|
The summers, apart from the incessant heat bring in its wake a host of hair problems. Heat from the sun degrades the protective protein in hair which oxidizes the color to a brassy hue, wipes out shine, and leaves hair brittle. On top of that, Ultra violet rays, dry wind and sweat can worsen the condition! But don't worry! We have some natural home made solutions for you!
Find in this post, some summer hair care remedies using all natural ingredients that would effectively defend hair in the hot weather. These home remedies would also help combat all the hair plights, provide protection from UV rays and make your hair look fabulous!
Home Remedies for Hair Care
- Soak fuller’s earth in water overnight. Add 2 tablespoonful of curd to it to make a paste. Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair. Wash with water after an hour to attain soft, shiny and healthy hair.
- For keeping your hair moisturized and protected from sun rays, combine equal parts of aloe vera gel and olive oil. Apply the mixture gently to the scalp and hair. Leave it for up to 30 minutes and rinse it out.
- Take a ripe papaya and blend it in the mixer. Mix a cup of yogurt to it and apply thoroughly through scalp and hair. Wash after half an hour with water.
- Take equal proportions of powdered Amla, Reetha and Henna and add water to make a paste. Leave this mixture overnight. Next morning, mix 2 tablespoon curd to the paste and apply over scalp and hair. Leave it on for an hour. Rinse hair with a mild shampoo afterwards. This is one of the best conditioner for heat affected hair.
- Take egg yolk in a bowl and whip it well. Add honey and stir it well to make a thick liquid. Apply the mixture onto your scalp and hair and let it sit for up to 30 minutes. This remedy would make your hair soft and bouncy.
- Almond oil can also be used to treat dry and damaged hair. Take some almond oil in a bowl and heat it gently. Massage the lukewarm oil to the scalp and hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse normally with shampoo.
- Mash a ripe banana and mix a tablespoon of honey to make a paste. This is one of the beneficial remedies to treat sun affected hair.
- Soak fenugreek (methi) seeds overnight and grind the same next morning. Mix a spoonful of curd to make a paste. Massage this paste gently on scalp and hair. Rinse with a mild shampoo after 20-30 minutes.
Hair Care Tips for Summer
- The most effective remedy for health hair is eating healthy diet including green vegetables and fresh fruits.
- As hair is made of protein, your diet should include plenty of natural meat, fish, and dairy products.
- Drink plenty of water (3-4 liters/ day) to keep your hair and skin hydrated.
- When you go out in the sun, remember to wear a hat, cap or scarf, slightly loose enough to allow scalp circulation, to protect your hair against the damaging effects of the sun.
- Avoid maximum ray damage by minimizing bare head exposure to the sun between 10 am - 3 pm, when the sun's rays are the strongest.
- Avoid hot water hair wash, as the heat can damage your hair. Use cool water instead.
- Avoid using blow-dryer or hot rollers, instead allow your hair to dry by itself. These artificial techniques make hair brittle and dry. If you have no time to let your hair air dry, then use blow-dryer sparingly and make sure you use a warm setting instead of a hot setting.
- Try using mild and moisturizing shampoo during summer, rather than the normal shampoo that you use during other times, as former is much gentle on your hair.