What is asthma?
Asthma is a chronic, irregular, inflammatory disorder of the airways cause of cough, airflow obstruction, dyspnea and wheezing. Psychological stress makes the condition worse.
An asthma attack can arise due to substance like cold or dry air, smoke and pollen, dust mites, mold. Hormonal imbalance, stress, and irritation can also cause an asthma attack. Sometimes there’s no apparent cause. Your complication in breathing occurs because the tubes that carry oxygen into our lungs go into contraction. Associated them may be coughing and stiffness in the chest. The contraction triggers the release of histamine and other chemicals which cause inflammation and the production of airway-clogging mucus.
What to do when you have asthma attack?
Don’t panic, stay calm. Panic can make your asthma attack worse. You can help yourself with these easy tricks...
Deep/long breathing to reduce anxiety
1. Close your eyes. Take a long/ deep breathing and expand your lungs. This easy deep/long breathing trick will help reduce the occurrence and severity asthma attacks. When an attack comes, victim naturally become very anxious as it gets difficult to breathe. This creates compression that restricts your airways/respiration.
2. Sprinkle 5-6 drops of pure Eucalyptus oil on your handkerchief and inhale the smell when you feel discomfort due to asthma. when you go to sleep keep this handkerchief near you. Just by inhaling the Eucalyptus oil in will help reduce discomfort due to asthma as well as cold and respiratory complaints.
3. Relax and concentrate on your breathing. Try to take deep/long breathing.
4. Repeat this work out for 10-20 times.
Regular practice of deep breathing technique can help you breathe more comfortably.
33 Simple and effective asthma home remedies. Part 1
Here are 33 easy, natural and simple home remedies you can try to lessen the severity and occurrence of your asthma attacks, and to help deal with your asthma attacks when they occur.
1. Grind 1 small bitter gourd in mixture grinder, squeeze juice from it. Mix 2 tablespoon juice of bitter gourd with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of fresh basil leaves paste, mix them well and consume with lukewarm water twice a day.
2. Consume lukewarm milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of honey daily on empty stomach. This will defend asthma patient from asthma attacks.
3. Radish soup is very beneficial in asthma as it expel mucus & detoxifies the zone related to respiration. Make radish soup in your style; add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2-3 tablespoon of fresh lime juice in this lukewarm soup (not in hot soup). Consume this soup daily or 3-4 times a week.
4. Soup made from fresh leaves of drumstick is very helpful for people who suffering from asthma. try this 3-4 times a week for better result.
5. Grind 2 Indian gooseberries and make paste of it, add 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of rock salt in it. Consume this mixture early in the morning on an empty stomach every day.
6. Boil some dried raisins and pomegranates in a glass of milk for 10 minutes and drink every day.
7. Drink 1 cup of lukewarm milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric on empty stomach in the morning. After 1 hour consume 1 tablespoon of honey. Separate consumption of turmeric and honey keeps you away from the painful asthma attacks.
8. Regular consumption of fennel seeds detoxifies and decongests the lungs.
9. Boil 5 cloves of garlic in 2 cup of water for 5 minutes. When this water become warm, add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder in it. Consume on empty stomach in the morning.
10. Add 2 tablespoon of fresh ginger juice, 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder, 7-8 basil/tulsi leaves in your regular tea or green tea twice a day. Try to consume herbal tea or tea without milk for better result.
11. Consume 1 tablespoon of ginger paste with 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder and 1 tablespoon of raw honey early in the morning on empty stomach.