The onset of winters also brings uncomfortable dryness to the skin of the face, hands and feet. For some people, the problem may be worst and may result in flaking, cracking, and sometimes eczema!
Try these simple natural remedies to combat skin dryness, especially during winters-
- Mix equal amounts of glycerin, lemon juice and rose water and store in a glass bottle. To combat dryness, apply this regularly before retiring to bed.
- Add dry orange peel powder to yoghurt to make it into a paste. Apply the paste on the skin for a moisturized and glowing skin.
- Mix some saffron to two tsp of milk cream and leave it overnight. Use the mixture to massage your face and neck. This remedy would help you to combat winter dryness.
- Mix equal amounts of milk cream with almond oil and massage your skin with the same. This remedy is helpful to fight skin dryness during winters.
- Mash a banana and to it, add a tsp of honey. Apply this paste over face and neck for 20min to moisturize your skin.
- For chapped lips, gently massage the lips with clarified butter (ghee) or coconut oil. Application of milk cream is also another helpful option for dry lips.
Though these natural remedies are a beneficial solution to skin dryness, but intake of fresh fruits, green vegetables, grains, cereals, milk and milk products is equally important for a healthy skin. Eat a balanced diet, follow regular exercise and take enough rest. Drink plenty of water every day to keep your skin hydrated. Learn to cope up with day to day stress!
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!